Waste Water Treatment Works, Comber Road - Newtownards
A deep pile line required piling in conjunction with main contractor, Grahams Construction and engineers Scott Wilson. We utilised our Ductile Cast Iron pile to great effect enabling the contractor to sheet pile and excavate the pipeline in short sections under traffic management.
We were then able to set up piling rig and pile (usually completed in a day) all piles in that section. By leaving the last 2 piles for testing purposes, the contractor was able to pour his bases and slab. As a result each phase was completed in a rapid cycle enabling installation of pipes, back filling and extraction of sheet piles.
- 128No 118mm piles to 350kn SWL
- 7 visits to suit contractor
- Piles 9-14m long, from pile cutoff
- Piles driven
- 23 Case Tests and 4 CapWap analysis
- Vibration monitoring was carried out at all times to a PPV of 5mm/s using our Alarmed Vibration Monitors
- No spoil created
- Piles installed in excavated trenches
- Main Contractor - Graham's Construction
- Engineer - Scott Wilson