Low Vibration Piles Through Heavy Fill, Lambert Drive, Dundonald - Sept'09
An extension to a house required piling, due to a deep depth of fill. The fill material was 6" rock and as such would obstruct most normal pile types.
DCI pile easily coped with this heavy fill going down to rock at just under 10m.
Access to the site was via the driveway at the side of the house. As you can see for the photos our compact 20T zero tail piling rig proved invaluable.
- 8 No 118mm DCI piles up to 280kn SWL
- Approximately 10m deep from pile cut off level
- Restricted access
- Piles driven close to existing structure
- Main contractor - Johnston Contracts
- Engineer - MCF Consulting