Low vibration mini piles installed close to a busy tourist amenity in Shaws Bridge, Belfast
One of Belfast's well known landmarks near Shaws Bridge was being upgraded to incorporate new toilets and a store room. The main contractor constructed an extension beside the existing building and required the use of mini piles. The project specification required a tight tolerance on vibration and disturbance due to the close proximity of a busy cafe and the listed Lock Keepers Cottage. Larsen also had to test the piles and minimise the site time as part of this fast track project.
- 6 No. 219mm mini piles to 200kN SWL in a single day
- Piles up to 8m in length installed tight to an existing live building.
- Vibration monitoring was carried out at all times to a PPV of 5mm/s using our Alarmed Vibration Monitors
- Main contractor – Andrew Bradley
- Client – Castlereagh Borough Council
- Engineers – Design & Management